Thursday, February 16, 2012

I couldn't stay away!

I have so much on my mind and I pulled up the blog and saw that people are still checking it so I thought what the heck. Just don't expect an update often how's that?

So this past weekend we had a general authority come speak at our stake conference, M Russell Ballard. He was definately meant to come at this time and to our stake. I got so much from him and the other speakers that, almost a week later and I am still dwelling on what I was taught. So let me back up a little bit...

About 2 weeks ago I was so overwhelmed with life and the responsibilities I have that I just didn't want to do anything. I just wanted to lay in bed and not go anywhere or do anything. I was trying to be supportive to extended family members that were having problems, and I think I just took on too much. Right when I was ready to quit (the weekend) it was time to go to stake conference. I had asked my parents to watch the kids so Jeremy and I could both go. They did! THANKS SO MUCH MOM AND DAD!!! At our conference they told us that no matter what we are all struggling through right now we can make it through if we turn to the Lord. How many times have I been told that...DUH I know that. But the thing that really hit me after that they told us to make memories with our families. Memories...really, spend time with the kids and have fun doing, it that's all I have to do. I can handle that. I love my kids SO much. I can handle playing with them, take them places, talk with them, share my love with them. This is coming from the Lord. They told us to study our scriptures with our families, and pray with our families. I was ready to give up on my family and now they are telling me to truly be happy is to spend time with them...OK I got this! New focus! Who cares if the house is messy, who cares about dishes or laundry? Well I do, but not as much anymore. (That is fair warning if anyone comes over and the house is messy) I am refocusing my life. Ok, so at one point in my life that was my focus but I lost my focus so now I am back on track.

I have struggled all my life to understand the scriptures. But I am struggling through them because the Lord has told me to. And I hope that my children will be able to teach me and we can learn together.

I have a testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know it is the only true church on the Earth today. The Lord is my personal friend. I can talk to him and he is always there to listen to me and counsil with me. The Book of Mormon is true. I know that Joseph Smith translated it for us to have the words in our day today. I know that even though our times are different than the scriptures the same life lessons apply. If we will hold to the Iron Rod (meaning follow the teachings of the Lord) that we can return to live with our brother Jesus Christ and our Father in Heaven again. I know that the Lord knows each of us personally and doesn't give us anything that we can't handle. When we are struggling we can call on Him through prayer and he will help us and comfort us in our trying times. I love my Heavenly Father.

I also need to say that I love my husband Jeremy Kiester! We have had our moments good and bad together but without his strength and without his love I would still be lost. I am thankful to Jeremy that we have the Priesthood in our home. The priesthood power is so strong when called upon. Thank you Jeremy! I love you so much!


Ok, sorry, it might not all make sense but I just had to get that all out. Until next time.

2 comments:

Holly and Ryan Vasso said...

Thanks for sharing something from Stake conference. How neat! Very exciting! You are a wonderful person with a happy demeanor. Just be yourself and everything will go well. You are a wonderful mother. :D

Anne said...

I am so glad you are still blogging. I lov seeing all you post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Stake Conference. You really are a wonderful mom. Don't doubt it!