Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sick kids

Well life has taken a turn for the worst. Well we have all taken our turn being sick around here. It's hit the littler kids and they aren't handling it as well as the big kids and adults have. Jillian who is 1 1/2 has gotten the cold and hasn't been able to fight it off and it's turned into RSV along with an ear infection. Bradley also has the cold symtoms, and is on very close watch for now. Today we took them into the doctor and Jillian was given a shot of an antibiotic. The medicine must be pretty strong because they had to break it up into two different shots. And she has to get 3 doses of it. So we have to go in for the next 2 days to finish that off. Then they gave her a nebulizer treatment today and told us that they would most likely send us home with a nebulizer machine tomorrow. The reason they are waiting until tomorrow is because today we just saw a physicians assistant at a walk in clinic so they set us up an appointment for tomorrow with the pediatrician. They are going to let him make all the final decisions.

As far as Bradley he is just on close watch. If he gets worse or changes in any way we were instructed to take him in again.

Jillian has been feeling better since we got home from the doctor's office. I put her in the bath put on her comfy jamas and turned on the humidififer. She laid with me and took a nap and has been acting much happier. I finally got her to eat something this afternoon too. She must be feeling a little better. :) YEAH!! We'll see how she's doing in the morning.

So all this going on and I'm still recovering from the c-section...I am a reck. I'm struggling emotionally. My babies are sick and there's not much I can do for them. In the back of my head I keep thinking I am not doing a good job keeping the house clean and it's my fault they are sick. But I know I am doing the best I can. I also can't push myself too hard and digress in my own recovery. So I am having a hard time finding a middle ground. Jeremy has been very busy with his schooling, house searching and being sick that my mom has been my strength lately. I have called her quite a few times just in the last couple of days saying "mom can you come right now" and every time she has been there for me. She helps me make dinners, cleans the house, and loves on sick kids. But most importantly for me she helps me get through my rough times. I cry on her shoulder and she tells me it's going to be ok. She tells me she loves me and that's the strength I need. Love can move mountains...any kind of love.

Oh goodness, now I am crying I better just go to bed.

No comments: