Monday, July 25, 2011

Oregon Coast DAY 1 & 2

We are at the Oregon Coast. We drove in the car for what seemed like FOREVER but we are here. Yesterday we drove all day to Redmond and we stayed the night at Aunt Diann's house. What a beautiful home she has. And Great Grandma Shorty lives with her now so we got to see her too. She was beside herself playing with the kids.


We took some pictures at Aunt Diann's house with her beautiful landscaping she has. What a wonderful place she has. And she is so kind to let us stay at her home. Not only did she let us stay at her home she took me all over town trying to find some eye drops. I forgot my medicated eye drops at home...I was too worried about everyone else and making sure we had everything that I forgot my own stuff. So I ordered some new ones at a walmart in Oregon well apparently I ordered them to the wrong walmart. We were in Redmond and I ordered them to Bend. Which is only about 20 minutes difference but still how stupid am I? Well Diann she is so wonderful she took me over to Bend and on the way there we had the best talk ever. And on the way home we took 10 minutes to ourselves and she drove me around Bend and showed me the town. It's really nice and lots of fun things to look at. Thanks Diann!


My family. The sun is shining just right that this picture is going to need some editing when we get home but here it is for now. I love my family!


We just keep driving and driving and to me it all looks the same. Here are a few of the phrases I heard WAY too much of "are we there yet mom" "ma! juice!" "I'm hungry" "he's touching me" "I have to pee mom" "I think I'm going to throw up" "Can we watch a different movie"

Let's just say that traveling with kids...you HAVE to have patience. For the first part of the trip I thought I had left my patience at home, but I have finally found them and we are all having a good time. :)


This is everyone at the top of the "dragon's house" at the McKenzie Pass Observatory. So our family is really into the show Merlin. For those of you who have seen it will understand when we call it the "dragon's house". It was so fun to be there and see the kids and their excitement.


While we were waiting for Anne (the pregnant lady) to go to the bathroom, we saw a couple feeding a chipmunk.


We stopped off and found a beautiful place to take a family picture. This was taken with a timer on a picnic bench. I am so happy with this picture. It turned out so well! Everyone is happy. Everyone is looking. Everything is just perfect....except the breaks on our car. It was a very much down-hill drive and Jeremy didn't want to listen to me and put it down a gear. Needless to say this trip might cost us a new set of breaks on the car. :) But so far well worth it.

And just a beautiful picture of the view we have from the lake house that Laurie rented for us....or should I say the replacement house we got. That's a story...let me tell you. We got here to Newport today and finally found the house she had rented. It was absolutely terrible. There was mold growing in the basement. There was a old yucky smell you could smell immediately when you walk in the house. It was a old run down place with no beach or ocean even, it was the bay. Laurie insisted that we NOT stay there. She was irrate to say the least, and so were the rest of us really. This place should never be rented out especially at the price she had paid. After lots of phone calls and Laurie being the wonderful, intelligent woman she is got us a replacement house. It is absolutely gorgeous!!!! This is the view we have.



She that is it for now. There are LOTS more pictures but everyone is watching a movie without me, so I am going to go. Stay tuned for more of our trip.

No comments: