Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Oregon Coast Day 3...The Beach

This morning we started by playing games at our beach house while everyone was taking turns getting ready for the day.
By the way did I mention how nice this house is that we are staying in? The game room is in the garage. I love it! There are a few things in the house that Jeremy want to try to incorporate into our own home.


This is at the Museum before going to the lighthouse. The museum area told us a little about the birds and animals we might see around the area. Bradley was such a good baby all day. I am so blessed to have him.

Everyone stops so Jeremy can take a picture of our kiesters leaving the museum on the way to see the lighthouse.



We are treckin' to the lighthouse.


My handsome husband, still sore, but making a wonderful vacation for me. He trys to do everything that the rest of us do to make it a great family vacation, sore or not sore. Thank you Jeremy! I love you!

I think these are Sea Lions sun bathing. They were so hard to see. They just looked like dirty spots on the rocks.

We were so excited to see the Sea Lions that we almost missed the whale further out. I have to give Jeremy credit for catching this picture, because I couldn't see it.

We took a lot of "family pictures" but in some of them a part of our family was missing. In this one Jillian was asleep and Bradley well, he's just too little to be climbing rocks. But still a beautiful picture.


Daisha so badly wanted to find a starfish. We found one but it is still alive. Daisha was a little disappointed she couldn't find one to take home. So I had to post this picture for her. Here's her starfish.

Jeremy and I just enjoying the trip. It's been so nice to have so many people here with us to help with the kids and we have had some time alone that we can just enjoy our beautiful surroundings and each other.

But sometimes Jillian just doesn't want to leave my side. But who can turn down the cute little face?!

Jillian did NOT want to get her feet dirty at all. Finally I had to just put her down and show that it was ok to go in the dirt/sand. Finally she got comfortable with it and she was off. She loved the sand between her toes.

Boy was that water cold! I knew it would be cold but I wasn't thinking it would numb my toes, and everything else that got wet.

And the kids must agree with me..."RUN! We are going to get wet"

Papa had the boys so far out into the water they were over their heads, literally. They enjoyed it but mom and grandma did not. We were worried papa would lose one of the kids in those big waves.



Some how the little girls, Jillian and Maddilyn, both fell and ended up soaked, and then of course all muddy.

But through it all they are still BEST BUDS! All I can say is ADORABLE!

Grandpa Guy. This is Laurie's dad. What a great picture of him enjoying life. We love you grandpa!

We are all on a search for Daisha a starfish...NO LUCK. :( But still we had a great time at the beach.

Aww, and the sparks fly. I love you Jeremy! Thank you for bringing me to this beautiful place. I love you and I love the wonderful family we have. And I love getting away from "life" and just enjoying the your company.

But after playing at the beach Papa gets to play. The kids all got hosed off outside before being able to go in the house. I think Papa enjoyed that part. The kids not so much. Tucker, which water was colder, the ocean or the hose?

We all had a wonderful day. We had lunch at a place called Mo's. They have the best clam chowder. It was so yummy. And right across the street is a candy shop that of course we had to stop at. Laurie bought us all something at the candy shop. I think I got the best deal...she let me get a whole bag of salt water taffy, and I got to fill the bag with the flavors I wanted. Oh yum! The mint oreo taffy is to die for. Thanks Laurie for putting this all together for us. You're the best!!!!

No comments: