Saturday, May 14, 2011

FINALLY

I finally got rid of all the head lice!!! But then Bryton got sick. We spent all morning in the emergency room yesterday. We thought it might be his appendix but it turned out to just be a viral infection...so far. They told us to keep a close watch on him. He's been acting like he is feeling better, so I am ok with that.

We still haven't heard when our closing date on the house will be, but one good sign they told our insurance agent to start the home insurance for May 20th. So at least by Friday. (I hope)

Laurie took me to "Wicked". It was phenominal...well I'm not sure I spelled that right, but the show was GREAT! It was above all my expectations. But even before the play she took us out to dinner. We went to Bajos. Ok, my new favorite place. I had never been there before but it was so yummy. It kind of reminded me of New York Burrito or Taco del Mar. I am going to have to take Jeremy there on our next date night. Then we were on our way to the show and we saw a candy shop...we had to stop, after all we don't have girls' night very often. :) Laurie bought each of us something including all the family members who were home (the kids and the husbands). Then off to the show.

We got there at about 6:00. Laurie thought the show started at 7. They made us wait to go into the auditorium. It was like 6:45 and we were like how come they aren't letting us in. Yeah, it didn't start until 7:30. But we had a great time waiting. We were all laughing and having a good time. Until the dreaded phone call. Laurie got a call and come to find out she lost a very important person in her life. She had a hard time dealing with it, but I thought she held it together very well, considering.

Laurie, I just want you to know how important you are to me and Jeremy, and our family. You are so helpful no matter what you have going on in your own life you make us priority. I know you would drop anything for us at any time. I love you for that! I love the fact that you have always treating me like your own daughter, not the daughter-in-law that I am. It makes me feel special. Thank you for letting me have your son. Jeremy is a wonderful person, just like you. He's a lot like you in many ways. Thank you for teaching him the way you did. You're a wonderful mom! I love you Laurie!

1 comment:

Coach Kiester said...

Your posting is a much needed hug. Thank you and love you. :D