Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Finally baby came

So we had another weekend like last weekend only this time we saw results. I was having contractions starting Friday night. I decided to just try to get some sleep after about an hour and a half of contractions. So I went to bed waking up Saturday morning to stronger contractions than before. I called my mom about 9:30 crying because I didn't know if I should go in again only to be sent home, but the contractions were hurting this time. She said I will be at your house in an hour. My in-laws were already planning to come get the boys and the girls were going to spend the day with my mom.

We finally got to the hospital around 11am. They hooked me up to the monitors, checked me, and then called my doctor. After calling my doctor the nurse came in and said "Who would want to wait until March 3rd to have a baby when they could have it on February 19th." When she said that at first I got excited. And then I got nervous and started to cry. I couldn't remember how much it hurt (the actual surgery) so I was anticipating the worst and I wasn't ready mentally to go through that. The nurse looked over at me and asked if I was crying and why. I didn't know what to say except that I'm just not as ready as I'd like to be. Ready or not....

She got me prepared for surgery in like 20-30 minutes and off we went. Jeremy was still changing his clothes when I went down and the nurse said she would bring him when she came. They did the spinal and got me all situated on the surgery bed. I kept asking when Jeremy was coming. The nurse came in and was getting things ready and still no Jeremy. I was worried he wasn’t going to be there. Finally they assured me he would come when I was all ready to start the procedure. And sure enough he was. He was right by my side holding my hand the whole time, well until baby came.



The first time I saw baby Bradley. I got to kiss him and say hi to him and then they took him.

The proud daddy.

Grandma Sue got to feed Bradley when they took him up to the room, while I was in recovery.

Our first visitors...Sheree, Rob & Zakary Bindrup. (My sister and her family)

Bradley got all cleaned up in the hospital the night he was born.

So peaceful after his bath.

During the night I couldn't sleep so I was just taking pictures of my cute little boy.

Daisha finally got to hold Bradley but we made her wear a mask because she has a bad cough.
Jillian's not so sure what to think of the whole thing.

No comments: