Sunday, April 17, 2011

A day of family

Yesterday was a great day full of family. I got to see my neice play soccer. I have decided that I think soccer is a boring sport. It probably doesn't help that I don't even know the rules of the sport. And then, I don't think this is a normal rule but it was like pee-wee soccer so the game ended in a tie. 1 to 1. Really...no winner and no loser. WOW! I'm not sure I could do that.

So this is my neice Lindsey playing soccer. She did a great job!











Also at the soccer game my cousin Stephanie and her kids all come to watch and hang out. It was great to meet all of her family...finally. And to see her again. I haven't had the chance to just sit and visit with her in a LONG time. It was so nice to learn of things that have happened that I missed out on.

I am so thankful for family. Both my immediate family and my extended family...and my "married into" family. Today my heart is full.

Since it's Sunday of course that means church right? I know that's not what Sunday means to everyone but that has always been what Sunday means to me...and still does. For some reason I feel as though I have been going by myself a lot to church. Well, not by myself. I have wonderful children who love to go to church and learn about Jesus. They love going to their primary classes. And I love that they want to go with me. That is my strength. So many times I would just like to stay home and do something else or just rest...but I know it's important to worship my Heavenly Father. He has done so much for me! I know that each of us is loved by our Father in Heaven. I know that Jesus is our older brother and that he also loves us so much that he gave his life for us. Jesus Christ died for me personally that I might have the opportunity to ask for forgiveness of my weaknesses (repent) and some day live with him and our Heavenly Father again.

I know that I was married/sealed in the temple and the purpose of being married in the temple is to be with my husband for eternity. FOREVER! No matter what he goes through and no matter what I go through I know that I can be with him forever. On some days I feel as if I never even want to see the man again but deep down in my heart I love him and I am thankful that I will have him forever. And that I will be able to have my children with me forever.

1 comment:

Sheree said...

Wow that first picture of Lindsey looks like she is tripping herself. She loves to play soccer.