Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter...LOTS of pictures!

BEWARE...I took over 800 pictures this weekend.



I am going to start out with the good news...

For the past 8 years Jeremy and I have spent every Easter up in the mountains at his grandparents' house and motel. So we had to keep the tradition alive.





We spent Easter weekend in Pine. With the whole house buying process and everything we've been going through it was nice to just forget about everything and get some "fresh air". We both needed the break. I am so glad Grandma Trish and "Papa Pine" always welcome us up there. It's so beautiful. And it's nice to catch up with family. We all had a great time! While we were up there I really did forget about everything going on here at home. I just had a good time with the kids and family.

On Saturday we did our family egg hunt. Grandma puts candy and money in her eggs. The kids love it. They each came out with about $10. They loved it! And it was so relaxed. Thank goodness for Grandma Trish!!!



Krehl (Jeremy's sister's boy) finding eggs.

Zakary (My sister's boy) finding eggs.





Counting the fortunes



We went to scope out where the community egg hunt would be, which was at the local golf course. Inside the lodge there are a bunch of stuffed elk, birds, etc. So we let the kids look around and took some pictures.





Then we decided to drive around and just see what's been being built in the area and what things are looking like these days. Wow! I can't believe how big some of those homes are up there. Mansions to me. After our drive we went back to the motel and played some games. We ended the night with the hot tub. I tried to skip that part but the kids wouldn't let me.

Easter morning the kids woke up and were so excited about the Easter bunny coming. They each got a basket full of candy and found a bunch of eggs. For breakfast of course we had candy. :) It only happens once a year. You gotta live a little. :)









Once we got everything cleaned up and the cars packed to head home we found a beautiful spot to take some pictures. We wanted to surprise my mother in law with a nice picture of all of her grandkids. They weren't able to make it up this year so I thought it would be nice to make her a nice picture of all of her grandkids, since they were all together. It was going to be a surprise but I guess not everyone knew that...so I will just post them on here and Laurie we'll get you your picture. Don't go getting any of them printed.



All the Kiester kids together at last.















We got some good ones of my family too. I love nature. :) Helps make beautiful pictures.







By the time we were done taking pictures it was almost time to go to the community egg hunt. So we headed to the golf course to see what was happening. Every year they have, as part of the hunt, golden eggs. There are yellow eggs that have a dollar sign on them. The kids that get those eggs get one dollar per egg. Daisha was a little worried, because she was in a little older age group, that she wouldn't get any golden eggs. She put on her "Kiester competitive" face and she ended up with 6 golden eggs. JACKPOT!!!



So now as a mom I have to brag just a little. I am so proud of Daisha. She got 6 golden eggs and her little sister Jillian and 2 of her cousins didn't get any golden eggs and without being told or even mentioning it to her she immediately went and gave a golden egg to both her cousins and her baby sister. What a good girl she is! That is exactly what Jesus would have done. I explained that to her and told her about 50 times how proud of her I was. That move right there made all the hard times worth it!



After the community egg hunt we went back to grandma's house and had a nice dinner. Shortly after dinner we had to head home. Back to reality. Get your head out of the mountains. :) Usually by the end of the weekend I am just ready to come home. This time NOT AT ALL. I wanted to stay longer. I knew what my house looked like and I didn't want to come home to that. Not to mention the kids were all being good while we were in the mountains. I didn't want it to end.

Now for the bad news...
Today we got a call from our lender and found out that we are going to have to come up with another thousand dollars to be able to make the house deal work out. Something about in the offer we only asked for a certain amount of closing costs to be paid and they are going to be more than what we asked them to pay. GRR! So to the grinde we go. Let's make some money! Hopefully we can make it work. Everyone please keep us in your prayers. We are going to do our part and leave the rest up to the Lord. What a test of faith. I hope everyone had a good Easter.

No comments: